Monday, November 16, 2009

the beeze neeze

It's been more than a month since I last posted here, mostly because I've been blogging at The Oh Shit Handle and organizing various events and whatnot. Regardless, I feel the need to spew about some of what has happened, as have others, if for no other reason than I really don't want to forget.

My mind and body both feel like they've been through a meat grinder over the last sixteen days or so. My insides hurt from substance abuse, my outsides hurt from bicycle abuse and my brain can't even begin to reconcile the combination. I've been threatened by bums, left behind on Central, taken shots out of BMX pegs, joined a cult, made a sculpture, failed a test, eaten the best key lime pie, cut the fingers off my gloves, and consumed more beer, whiskey and cigarettes than you can shake a stick at.

It's finally cold again, and the new weather brings with it the same old magic. The dresses get packed away, new jeans are purchased, old sneakers sneak out of closets, fingerless gloves creep out of drawers. I tune up my bicycle, put myself on an intravenous coffee drip and completely and totally ignore all school responsibilities in favor of riding bikes with boys. If the rest of the winter is as epic as its beginning, I'll be in the hospital by January.

QsOTM

"You're totally thinking 'this dude is crazy. i should not be in a restaurant with him right now'" (quite the contrary.)

"IT DOESN'T MATTER, YOU WEREN'T THERE"
"IT'S GIGANTIC! But it's a snail!"
"OMG check out my six-fifty aersospoke." "OMG date me."


I'M SO GOOD AT BIKE.

No comments:

Post a Comment