Thursday, September 10, 2009

"lolwut?"

On another note - I have no idea what this blog is even about anymore.

I dropped Arabic today, and it tied in nicely with the shitty way my day ended. And by nicely, I mean I am going to put someone's face through a fucking wall.

After a few cigarettes and a candy bar, I was feeling better, but now here I sit, in my kitchen, my roommate awol for days, alone and brooding, listening to Franz Ferdinand. I can't help but feel like I'm on the verge of some catastrophic crisis, but the anticipation and tension is becoming harder to bear than just falling off the cliff already. It's only the third week of classes. Promising.

After a few days of kicking things around at work and at home, and accomplishing nothing more than sore feet and certainly no additional fundage from said shithole job, I've decided to bite the bullet and take out a student loan. Understand, I was raised in a household that threw a party for the day my parents cut up their credit cards. I wouldn't be surprised if my dad has a couple grand buried in a WWII ammunition box somewhere in the back yard. My quips of "don't worry, obama will pay off my loans" were met with less enthusiasm than the death of a close family member. But after presenting budgeting plans to my mother (and leaving my father and his cash-burying attitude out of the loop) I think I can manage this without being disowned. I have big plans for the money, namely taking the burden of my tuition off my parents (my mother was laid off this winter) and being able to afford as many fucking plates as I can handle. It's sad, but if you want to do work, you have to shell out the dough. So I'll be paying off my loan till the day I die, but hopefully it'll be worth it. At the very least, I'll have a shiny new camera and iMac to show for my liberal, loan-taking, wicked, wicked ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment