Monday, July 13, 2009

Tamarind = 14 different kinds of awesome.

I counteretched a plate for myself today, at the behest of our instructor, and dug up my litho pencils. That's right, I'm making impressions at Tamarind this summer, for free! I'll post pictures of the stages of that project at a later date. 

A few cool things to note:

Friday July 17th: Closing Reception for the Small Prints show at UNM. 5-7pm in the John Sommers Gallery (2nd floor of the art building, across from the art office). I have one print hanging, but come to see all the talented people working in UNM printmaking!

Kiki Smith will be in town the last week of July, collaborating on prints with Bill. Look for her around! (I hope I'm not too much of a sissy to introduce myself)

Tamarind celebrates its 50th anniversary this year. The festivities will take place the weekend of September 10-12, and Marjorie tells us Ed Ruscha is slated to be the guest of honor. (someone's going to shit a chicken)

No comments:

Post a Comment