Friday, February 6, 2009

Flip a Bitch.

"I think we'll probably need more coffee."

It occurs to me that we never meet without the accompaniment of some kind of controlled substance. Vodka in the past, caffeine in the present, nicotine at all times. The idea of social lubrication seems overly effective on me. Why don't I just shut the fuck up? The conversation loops around, back and forth, under my caffeinated orchestration. I can't help it. I have something to say about everything, and when I don't I change the subject to something I can talk about, usually at length. Outside is worse. I must come off like I've just blown a couple lines in the bathroom. Two cigarettes later, I've lost my fucking shit, and I drive away, near panic at my own behavior, when suddenly-

Fuck. Where are my glasses?

No comments:

Post a Comment